Monday, January 11, 2010

Armor of God Prayer

You have to win the daily spiritual battle for your soul. When you wake up, say this prayer and you'll walk in victory. (This prayer is in a book I've co-written called Follow the Solid Rock Road: Pathway to Radical Recovery -- out in February 2010.

Stand Therefore, having girded your waist with the truth

Thank you Lord for your truth. You are truth and You alone set me free from sin and lies. Today, I choose to believe and put on the truth about who You are and who I am as Your child. Holy Spirit, lead and guide my thoughts in Your path of truth. Help me to make wise decisions today based on Your word. Help me to speak the truth in love to myself and others. And give me discernment so I know when people are speaking truth and when Satan is using lies to get me off the path.

Having put on the breastplate of righteousness

Thank You, Lord, for Your breastplate of righteousness. I put it on and it covers me today. In the name of Jesus, I take off any robes of self-righteousness or works of the law that would glorify me and distract me from the finished work of Jesus at the cross. I ask you, Lord, to help me maintain my heart with diligence, for out of it flow the issues of life.

And having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace

Thank You, Father, for Your good news of peace to me. I put on Your gospel of peace. May my steps be secure and protected today. Prepare me to speak to others about Your love and the good things You’ve done in my life. Help me to live in peace and walk as a peacemaker.

Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one

Father, You are a shield about me and the glory and the lifter of my head. I want to please you, Lord, with my faith in You. You’re my Savior, though I don’t always see what You are doing, or plan to do. My trust in You puts You between my enemy and me. I am forever secure in You and inaccessible to Satan.

And take the helmet of salvation

Father, thank You for saving me from sin and death. I receive Your gift of salvation, deliverance, and healing. I have the mind of Christ and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Help me to think pure thoughts and praise You. Thank You for making me a new creation. Make my mind new, and help me not to be ignorant of Satan’s plans.

And the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

Father, thank You for the weapon of Your Word and Your Spirit. When the enemy comes to steal, kill, or destroy me, quicken scripture to me so I can stand. May my sword (God’s Word) be exercised to defeat the enemy today. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment